Saturday, July 10, 2010

Full Moon

Sarah moon is one of my all time favorite photographers. Moon, who worked between 1960- 1966 has soft nostalgic esthetics that make her photos look almost like paintings. Sarah is well known for her bleary\smoky signature style that was developed naturally since the photographer is extremely near-sighted. "It was only when I started photography that I became aware of it," Moon told an interviewer. "People would say to me: 'But it's not sharp!', and I didn't understand because that was the way I saw things. I had never worn glasses in my life". Even after she was fitted for glasses, however, Moon continued to follow the stylistic path she began, producing moody, dream-like images that look like a beautiful hallucination. Although until this day she continues to influence many young photographers moon is still relatively known. Along her carrier she shot for most of the big brands and was the first women photographer to ever shoot the famous " Pirelli Calendar ". Aside from her still work moon also shot a short film called " Circus", which was based on the tale "The Little Match Girl" by Hans Christian Andersen.

7 comments:

  1. I love Sarah Moon's photography!
    Her artwork is so inspiring!
    kisses
    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. פשוט למסגר את התמונות האלה ולתלות בסלון.
    אין מילים, באמת, מהמם פשוט!
    שרונה

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never heard of Moon before!? These are amazing (:

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Wow her photos are great, i love it!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes ! me too !
    probably the best one !
    happy colourful summer *°*°*°*°

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her work, beautiful pictures! The 2nd is amazing.

    ReplyDelete