Saturday, July 24, 2010

Givenchy Haute Couture Fall 2010

Haute couture is an extinct skill, but when I saw Givenchy's exquisite haute couture 2010 Fall collection, it reminded me of how divine this school is.
Riccardo Tisci designed these 10 looks inspired by the Mexican artist, Frida Kahlo. In contrast to what may be expected from such a "muse", the inspiration wasn’t drawn from Kahlos colorful, chaotic drawings, but rather from her three great passions: religion, anatomy and sensuality, thus resulting in a very soft collection, in pale colors of white, pale pink, gray and dark brown. The collection was represented to a small audience, first on models and later on mannequins- like an art exhibition, in a French Hotel called d'Avreux.

I looked threw the web to find all the details shoots I could get, I found it in Shaded View on Fashion, Vouge.com and Now Fashion. If you want to see the entire collection, you can find it in Style.com and Fashion Gone Rogue.

I can't get enough of this, ain't that just so pretty…?










7 comments:

  1. amazing detailing. I love the they were inspired by Frida Kahlo who was an amazing artist herself only that makes me not really get the color decisions. Although everything is so beauitful and soft I wish it were more wild and colorful if indeed Frida was in mind here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just so beautiful, the detail is amazing, I love Frida Kahlo too!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't stop looking at those photographs! Every piece is a true Masterpiece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really really beautiful°*°°
    hope you have a great summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. זה מרגיש כאילו הוט קוטור חוזר למקורות!
    אני בעד :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy,
    Thanks for sharing. These outfits are exquisite!

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete