As you might have noticed by now reading our blog, Nina and I have a not-so-small obsession with hair-bands. Pretty much if it's shinny, pink or feathery, I want it worn on my head. Ban.do is my new favorite retailer for all of those things. The company makes breathtakingly beautiful hair bands, brooches and much more.
I love everything about these pictures from the color combinations to the model choice, absolute perfection.
Naturally, I would love to buy one of the company’s pieces but since I can’t really afford to spend 200 dollars on a hair band I decided to take the DIY way.
I used some lovely light blue feathers that I had laying around the house, and sewed them to a piece of felt. To give it that final touch I added a vintage brooch that was my latest flea market find and voila! It may not be exactly Ban.do but it is definitely not a ban don’t.
1. Cut up a template in the shape that you want the feathers to be in.
2. Attach it to the felt and cut it according to the shape.
3. Attach the feathers one by one and sew to the felt.
4. Attach the felt to a bow by sewing or gluing them together.
5. Sew or attach a brooch or a vintage baton to the base of the bow.