The inspiration for this particular project came from similar crafts that I saw in a few Japanese blogs, which I love so much. The idea of a shawl that can be worn as a scarf, adorned with lace, is so beautiful and so simple to execute, that I just had to do it!
These are the inspiration photos from Japanese blogs.
1. This is what you will need: an Indian shawl, lace (French, I bought mine on Rozengard st.), scissors, a thread in the same color as the scarf, and one in the color of the lace- this one I forgot to photograph …
2. Cut the ends of the shawl
3. Pin the lace on the duration of the shawl, I made it 1/3-2/3 and not straight in the middle.
4. Stitch the lace by hand or by sewing machine.
5. Now pin the lace on the two ends of the shawl (where I cut the fringe at step 2).
6. Stitch the lace to the shawl.
And here are two ideas of how I'm going to wear this scarf.
Trench coat- TopShop
Shoes- Irregular Choice
Blouse- Miss Selfridge
Pants- Miss Selfridge
During the making of this scarf, photographing and writing, I was listening to the end of the decade sum- ups in music of the Kaze radio program on line. Here you can find the alternative decade sum-ups in Hip-Hop, Indie, Punk-Funk Disco-Punk and practically endles amounts of great music. Just press on “Play Now”- it’s pure pleasure…